Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Have a good weekend!

Really odd how people say that on a Thursday morning. I always wonder what this sort of wish is all about. Probably just a manner of speaking, but then...the fact that on the fourth out of five work days people start referring to the end of the work week suggests that what's keeping them alive is the thought that the drag of work will soon be over, for a little bit at least.

The really worrying thing is that this sort of message actually does cheer me up. 'Almost done!', I think when the guy in the coffee shop wishes me a good weekend on Thursday at ten a.m., fully aware though I am that I have another twenty or so working hours ahead of me before I'm off duty. Sort of suggests my job situation is less than ideal after all.

No comments: